Followers

Sunday, November 6, 2011

actorvijay gallery,video,news update

actorvijay gallery,video,news update

Link to Vijay Website for his Fans Vijay Velayutham stills| Nanban Exclusive  News|Yohan athiyayam

Velayudham UK collections

Posted: 06 Nov 2011 12:33 AM PDT

Ilayathalapathy Vijay has won the battle in the overseas market of UK.

His Velayudham hascollected more than Suriya's 7aum Arivu during the Diwali weekend.

In its openingDiwali weekend (Oct 26 to 30) Velayudham has collected Ł 1,31,413 [approx. Rs.1.03 crores] from 17 screens, with the per screen average working out to Ł7,730.

In comparison 7aumArivu in its opening weekend (Oct 26 to 30), has collected Ł 1, 09,954 [approx.Rs. 85.77 lacs] from 19 screens, with the per screen average working out to Ł5,787.

AyngaranInternational the distributors of Velayudham has made it clear that it is theDiwali winner at the box-office.

Velayudham First weak Collection

Posted: 06 Nov 2011 12:27 AM PDT

Vijay starrer Velayudham has beaten Surya's prestigious 7aam Arivu at the Tamil Box Office (BO) in its first week. M.Rajah directorial movie has successfully managed to rock at the BO.
Trade reports say that Velayudham has managed to collect Rs.52.2 crore plus, whereas 7aam Arivu raked in Rs. 50.2 crore in the first week. Surya's movie had edge over Vijay starrer film because it hit the screens with 1200 prints worldwide. On the other end, Jayam Raja's movie, which was approximately released in 820 theatres, started attracting audience after getting thumbs up from the fans and good word-of-mouth from the viewers.
It is said that the state government's permission to increase the screenings during the 5-day weekend have helped the producers of both the films to large extent.

However, the collections of 7aam Arivu are expected to slow down, as the theatre owners are now planning to reduce the number of screenings thereby increasing Velayudham.

Vijay Interview to Times of India

Posted: 06 Nov 2011 12:23 AM PDT

Vijay, post a successful outing in Velayudham, is looking forward to his next projects.

Basking in the success of his Deepavali release and ready to work with director A R Murugadoss, Vijay shares a slice of his happiness with Chennai Times...

Velayudham has been liked by the audience and critics. How do you feel?
I am very happy. After one year of hard work put in by the whole team, it's nice to reap the rewards. I was keen on working with Jayam Raja and I am glad this worked out well for us.

Were you confident the movie would click?
When you are making certain movies, you know almost instinctively that it will work. When this movie was 60 per cent complete, I told director Raja that I had seen the rushes and I am confident that the movie will turn out well. The highlight of this film is the story. My father always says that for a movie to be a commercial success, the base of the film has to be strong. I also don't believe in talking too much about my film before it releases - I would like the audience to go with an open mind, without any expectations and really enjoy it. And I think they did.

So it's a remake of Azaad...
It's been inspired by Azaad. I first saw that film years ago and I thought I should do a film like that at some point. When I met director Raja and we got chatting, this movie came to mind. And then we realized the remake rights were actually with my father!

There was talk that you had trouble getting adequate screens to release Velayudham....
I don't want to waste time talking about such things. The movie is a success and that's all that matters.

How is Nanban coming along?
If Velayudham has been a success, Nanban will create euphoria of a different kind. Everyone would have seen 3 idiots. Even if you have seen the Hindi version, the Tamil film will be fresh. Director Shankar has tailor-made it for the Tamil audience.

Director Shankar...
Working with director Shankar has been an amazing experience. I was supposed to do Mudhalvan with him but it didn't work out unfortunately. His knack of bringing out a performance from an actor was novel to me. He appreciates the little nuances in an actor. And, he's a wonderful human being as well.

Are remakes a good trend?
I personally believe it's a healthy trend. We are taking something that has already worked and adapting it to our sensibilities. When the remake of 3 idiots came along, I definitely wanted to do it.

You have seen a few ups and downs in the last few years...
Sura was one film which affected me terribly (laughs)... but it was my mistake. I did the film with full faith, but unfortunately it didn't work. Kaavalan was cute and it did well.

Would you want to do try something offbeat?
I would like to try different things within the framework of commercial cinema which I have been successful at.

And what keeps you busy at home?
Right now, I am between films so I am spending a lot of time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment